Mastery is having passion and drive to become the best you can be at one thing, and knowing that thing inside and out. Mastery can be achieved through hard work and dedication, early mornings and late nights, through pain and sweat, you can achieve it. Mastery can lead you to success.
Here are the top 10 quotes on mastery:
If people knew how hard I work to gain my mastery, it wouldn’t seem so wonderful at all.
One can have no smaller or greater mastery than mastery of oneself.
-Leonardo da Vinci
You must immerse yourself in your work. You have to fall in love with your work. You must dedicate your life to mastering your skill. That’s the secret to success.
Mastering others is strength. Mastering yourself is true power.
One repays a teacher badly if one remains only a pupil.
The path of the warrior is lifelong, and mastery is often simply staying on path.
It’s better to do one thing well than ten things poorly.
I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times.
A professional writer is an amateur who didn’t quit.
Good, better, best. Never let it rest. ‘Til your good is better and your better is best.
Interesting Mastery Facts:
- Malcolm Gladwell believes it will take 10,000 hours of practice to become world-class at something.
- Yo-Yo Ma practiced 50,000 hours of cello to become a virtuoso.
- Professional athletes train 3-7 hours a day.
- Bobby Fischer first started playing chess at age 6, and became grandmaster at age 15.
- Roger Federer began playing tennis at age 8, and won a national championship at 14.
- It took Thomas Edison 1000 tries before he successfully inventing the light bulb.
What are some of your favorite quotes or facts on mastery? Thank you, and carpe omnia!