Alexandar Graham Bell(March 3, 1847 – August 2, 1922) was a Scottish inventor and scientist. He invented the first telephone and founded the Bell Telephone Company, to be known later as AT&T.
Here are the Alexander Graham Bell’s top ten greatest quotes:
Before anything else, preparation is the key to success.
When one door closes, another door opens; but we so often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door, that we do not see the ones which open for us.
A man, as a general rule, owes very little to what he is born with — a man is what he makes of himself.
Concentrate all your thoughts upon the work at hand. The sun’s rays do not burn until brought to a focus.
Leave the beaten track behind occasionally and dive into the woods.
Observe, Remember, Compare.
You cannot force ideas. Successful ideas are the result of slow growth.
The most successful men in the end are those whose success is the result of steady accretion.
The achievement of one goal should be the starting point of another.
The day will come when the man at the telephone will be able to see the distant person to whom he is speaking.
Thank you Alexander Graham Bell!
- He was the 2nd president of the National Geographic Society.
- With no instruction, he played and mastered the piano.
- His middle name was given to him on his 11th birthday.
- His parents were hearing-impaired.
- He was friends with Helen Keller.
- The decibel, a tenth of one bel, was named after Alexander.
- He also invented the metal detector, the audiometer, and the HD-4 speedboat that went 70 mph.
What are some of your favorite quotes?