Charles Spencer Chaplin(April 16, 1889 – December 25, 1977) was an iconic British comic actor, composer, and director who became famous for his portrayal of the “Tramp” in his silent films.
Here are Charlie Chaplin’s top ten most inspirational quotes:
A day without laughter is a day wasted.
Life is a beautiful magnificent thing, even to a jellyfish.
You’ll never find a rainbow if you’re looking down.
We think too much and feel too little.
Nothing is permanent in this wicked world – not even our troubles.
You’ll find that life is still worthwhile, if you just smile.
Life is a tragedy when seen in close-up, but a comedy in long-shot. To truly laugh, you must be able to take your pain, and play with it.
Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself.
Life can be wonderful if you’re not afraid of it. All it takes is courage, imagination… and a little dough.
I believe in the power of laughter and tears as an antidote to hatred and terror.
Thank you Charlie Chaplin!
Interesting Charlie Chaplin Facts:
- He had a difficult early life, with his dad abandoning him and mother entering an asylum at a young age.
- He was the co-founder of United Artists Corporation, an American film studio.
- By age 26, he made $670k per year.
- He composed music for his films, and even won an Academy Award for one film in 1952 called Limelight.
- He performed for about 70 years.
Who are some of your favorite actors?