Gabriel Bonheur Chanel(August 19, 1883 – January 10, 1971), aka Coco Chanel, was the French fashion designer and founder of Chanel, one of the most recognized luxury fashion brands in the world.
Here are Coco Chanel’s top ten most inspirational quotes:
A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous.
Fashion fades, only style remains the same.
The most courageous act is still to think for yourself. Aloud.
Dress shabbily and they remember the dress; dress impeccably and they remember the woman.
Simplicity is the keynote of all true elegance.
The best things in life are free. The second best are very, very expensive.
My life didn’t please me, so I created my life.
I don’t care what you think of me. I don’t think of you at all.
Elegance is when the inside is as beautiful as the outside.
You live but once; you might as well be amusing.
Thank you Coco Chanel!
Interesting Coco Chanel Facts:
- She grew up in an orphanage from age 12 to 18 after her mother’s death and her father abandoned her and her siblings.
- She believed her lucky number was the number 5, hence, her perfume was called Chanel No. 5.
- She was a cabaret singer before a fashion mogul.
- She invented the Little Black Dress and the woman’s suit.
- Coco Chanel was worth $100 million, and the company, Chanel, is currently valued at $9 billion.
Who else would you like to see quotes from? Subscribe and leave a comment below.