Confucius(551-479 BC), aka Kong Qiu, was known as one of China’s greatest philosophers. He was also a politician and teacher, and best known for creating Confucianism.
Here are ten of Confucius’s greatest quotes:
Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart.
Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life.
Everything has its beauty, but not everyone sees it.
He that would perfect his work must first sharpen his tools.
To be wronged is nothing, unless you continue to remember it.
Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in getting up every time we do.
The superior man is modest in his speech, but exceeds in his actions.
Never impose on others what you would not choose for yourself.
It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop.
What the superior man seeks is in himself; what the small man seeks is in others.
Thank you Confucius!
Interesting Confucius Facts
- He has almost 4 million descendants with more than 80 generations.
- Many of his descendants are in China, Korea, and Taiwan.
- There are about 6 million Confucianists in the world.
- The Six Arts taught in Confucian philosophy were: archery, calligraphy, charioteering, mathematics, music, and rites.
- The Five Virtues taught were: Li(propriety), Ren(benevolence), Xin(integrity),Yi(righteousness), and Zhi(wisdom).
What are some of your favorite Confucius quotes or facts? Thank you, and carpe omnia!