Germany officially became a nation state on January 18th, 1871.
In honor of the day, here are Germany’s most inspirational proverbs:
To begin is easy, to persist is an art.
One today is worth ten tomorrows.
Fear makes the wolf bigger than he is.
Who lives by hope will die of hunger.
God gave us nuts but he doesn’t crack them.
You will soon find a stick, if you want to beat a dog.
Work is the best jacket.
When I rest, I rust.
Sweep in front of your own door.
One has to forge the iron while it is hot.
Thank you Germany!
Interesting Germany Facts:
- There are over 80 million residents living in Germany.
- College is free in Germany.
- It ranks as the fourth largest economy.
- The hamburger was invented in Hamburg, Germany.
- The autobahn has speed limits of 130km/hr(81mph), but there are some parts with no speed limit.
What are some of your favorite German proverbs?