John Pierpont Morgan Sr.(April 17, 1837 – March 31, 1913) was an American banker, businessman, and philanthropist. He is best known as the founder of J.P. Morgan Chase & Co., one of the largest banks in the world.
Here are the JP Morgan’s top ten most inspirational quotes:
Go as far as you can see; when you get there you’ll be able to see farther.
A wise man bridges the gap by laying out the path by means of which he can get from where he is to where he wants to go.
Money equals business which equals power, all of which come from character and trust.
A man always has two reasons for doing anything: a good reason and the real reason.
Gold is money. Everything else is credit.
The key to living a moral life is this: Do nothing in private that you would be ashamed to discuss openly with your mother.
If you have to ask how much it costs, you can’t afford it.
Anyone can be a millionaire, but to become a billionaire you need an astrologer.
The first step towards getting somewhere is to decide that you are not going to stay where you are.
The first thing [in credit] is character… before money or anything else. Money cannot buy it…. A man I do not trust could not get money from me on all the bonds of Christendom. I think that is the fundamental basis of business.
Thank you JP Morgan!
Interesting JP Morgan Facts:
- His uncle James Pierpont wrote “Jingle Bells” and founded Yale University.
- He aided in the making of United States Steel Corporation and AT&T.
- He helped the US Economy during the Panic of 1907.
- The gemstone morganite is named after him.
- JPMorgan Chase has $2.5 trillion in assets.
- He was president of the Metropolitan Museum of Art to which he donated anonymously.
What are some of your favorite quotes?