Jeffrey Preston Bezos(January 12, 1964) is the CEO of Amazon, founder of Blue Origin, owner of the Washington Post, and is currently known as the richest man in the world.
Here are Jeff Bezos’s top ten greatest quotes:
If you can’t tolerate critics, don’t do anything new or interesting.
I knew that if I failed I wouldn’t regret that, but I knew the one thing I might regret is not trying.
Life’s too short to hang out with people who aren’t resourceful.
You don’t choose your passions. Your passions choose you.
It’s not an experiment if you know it’s going to work.
A company shouldn’t get addicted to being shiny because shiny doesn’t last.
If you don’t understand the details of your business, you are going to fail.
What’s dangerous is not to evolve.
The thing that motivates me is a very common form of motivation. And that is, with other folks counting on me, it’s so easy to be motivated.
Work hard, have fun, and make history.
Thank you Jeff Bezos!
Interesting Jeff Bezos Facts:
- When he was 16 years old, he used to work at McDonald’s where he gained insight on automation, technological innovations, customer service, and employee management.
- His net worth is over $135 billion.
- He makes over $8 million per hour, and about $150k a minute.
- He started the Bezos Day One Fund, where he will donate $2 billion to help with homelessness and education for low-income families.
- He has a “Two Pizza Rule” for meetings, in which he limits meeting members to where two pizzas are enough to feed the group.
What are some of your favorite Jeff Bezos quotes?
Photo Credit: Seattle City Council from Seattle [CC BY 2.0 (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0)], via Wikimedia Commons