Failure can feel like a loss, but there is always something to gain from it. It is a necessary part of success as long as we do not let it defeat us. Failure teaches us how to become better at the task, as so long as we choose to learn from it and to grow. Failure just means we’re trying, and trying is much better than being idle.
Here are the top 10 quotes on failure:
I have not failed, I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.
Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, this time more intelligently.
Losers quit when they fail. Winners fail until they succeed.
Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.
If you’re afraid of failing, you won’t get very far.
Pain is temporary. Quitting lasts forever.
We are all failures- at least the best of us are.
Failure is success if we learn from it.
Fall down seven times, stand up eight.
I’ve missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I’ve lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I’ve been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I’ve failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed.
To learning from failure!
Interesting Failure Facts:
- More than 50% of businesses fail after 5 years.
- The biggest corporate one day loss was $120 billion by Facebook.
- Albert Einstein, one of the greatest minds ever, was denied admittance to the Zurich Polytechnic School.
- Steve Jobs was once fired from Apple, the company he started.
- Before Microsoft, Bill Gates was a Harvard dropout and had a business called Traf-O-Data that failed.
- Thomas Edison made a thousand attempts before successfully inventing the light bulb.
So don’t let failure stop you! What are your favorite quotes or facts on failure? Thank you, and carpe omnia!